PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Eagle Jet International
View Single Post
Old 5th Feb 2006, 22:40
DeltaSix

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I also don't like the idea of paying for your type rating and paying to get those precious jet hours as not everyone can afford it. But seriously, I think we are not being fair to Jamav8r as he is not the only one who is about to, or has done it. If this trend has already started, and I am sure it has, It is already too late to stop it. Even if Eagle Jet closes, another one would only take it's place in one form or another.... believe me. There is already one planned in Indonesia with pilots bearing JAA licenses queing up.

Face it guys, the only thing permanent in this world is the word "CHANGE".

Everything evolves from something. I know most of you guys are already set in your ways of thinking of getting into the airline pilot's job, but we have to realize that the whole aviation industry is changing rapidly and it might be for the worse sad to say. Unfortunately, the word "security of tenure" in the airline pilot's job will be compromised more that this thing is already starting.

We must find a way of protecting it in some other way as the growing number of newbies climbing up the ladder and paying for it will be hard to stop.

I reckon you guys already sitting inside Boeings and Airbuses and others need to put your heads together and plan a strategy to protect your interests inside your respective airlines. There is no other way. I don't know how but if there is a will there is a way. So instead of trying to stop the tidal wave namely "Pay-to-fly", get to your solicitors and lawyers to work out a strategy for you to protect your income and job and future type ratings.

Just another sign - I looked at a website of a renowned middle eastern airline and I was shocked when I read that they required a prospective B747 captain to give a bank guarantee so he can be given a type rating on an Airbus. Isn't this almost have the same essence as paying for your type rating ?

Unfortunately there is another one that you might want to consider. The law of supply and demand. As more pilots comes up the ladder, the lower the pay will go.

Face it guys, were screwed....Geeezzzz.......

D6