PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar A330 deal
View Single Post
Old 5th Feb 2006, 19:55
Johhny Utah

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb

Guys, this is exactly the sort of antagonism that management seek to encourage. As an example, you need look no further than someone fairly high up the tree in the mainline organisation trying to spread the rumour that "the Jetstar pilots have agreed to fly the A330 for A320 rates +2%" Then expecting mainline crews to spread it around to all of their compatriots. Why? Have a think about it. Have a think about who stands to gain the most from all of the division & squabbling - management. No wonder they're happy to exploit the divisions between the different pilot groups and, and when things seem as though they're about to start to head in the right direction, attempt to spread scurrilous rumours to increase the rift...

There may be some of the older generation of mainline pilots who want to take the 'shut everyone out' option - however, as others have noted, this only plays into the hands of management. I belive that this is the biggest stumbling block that the current AIPA Committee (the 'new' AIPA) have to deal with. If everyone is serious about sorting out the problems that are dragging down the levels of pilot remuneration at present, we need our respective organisations to get together, and put aside their differences, for the common good. That means mainline NOT saying "everyone else can start at the bottom of the list", the various regionals NOT saying "I've got 20 years of seniority, so I should go from the Dash straight to the left hand seat of the 744" and the Jetstar guys NOT saying "I've got an A320 command, so I'll go straight to the A380 when it comes on line".

Sure, I don't expect there to be a resolution straight away, but it would be promising to see all the parties sitting down & at least DISCUSSING the issues at hand....