PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Afrikaans Professional Pilot
View Single Post
Old 5th Feb 2006, 11:15
nugpot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Danny, you are completely right. I guess that the boys over-reacted to Tower's post and that all the acrimony came from an escalation in insults.

I will, if allowed, continue to use this forum. I have been a member for a long time and find the aviation side of things informative and interesting. I was never a contributor to the Campfire, but found Towers's post really got under my skin (perhaps it is in the genes). I hope that my posts were not seen as inflammatory.

There is now an alternative to the campfire. If you are particularly charitable, perhaps you can point the boere in the right direction. I believe that the new site will not be a threat to PPRuNe, but rather will keep the dangerous posts away from your pride and joy.

We owe you a huge thank you for your vision and hard work to bring this site to us in its current form. I truly believe that it was a lack of information in the announcement of the ban, that caused all the trouble.

To my Afrikaans and like-minded brethren. Please let this issue die now. Perhaps Danny will tell you where to find the new campfire. I don't want to hijack his site to advertise it.

Nugs