PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Afrikaans Professional Pilot
View Single Post
Old 5th Feb 2006, 06:34
Gunship Jnr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To Uncle Danny

Uncle Danny this is from my father. he is banned and askd me to post this for him.

bye guns jnr

Danny you did not give me a chance to respond before banning me. I therefore make us of my son.

The thread that remains on Africa Aviation was threre in anger after PPRUNE TOWERS (Rob Llloyd) behaved badly and made us to feel inferior humans speaking a different language on the Campfire.

His arrogance against our language was and will not be taken lightly.

I have and never had any problem with PPRUNE until the stupid idea was taken to ban Afrikaans.

Instead of telling us - slow down or whatever - just a tad more diplomacy would have been nice.

So Jetdriver feels inferior because he can not speak the wonderful language and report this to the superiors.

Instead of getting a capable person you chose just to ban us. At least two of us has offered our services to help you out and we would have done it with pleasure.

To make matters more confusing you start a poll that was closed (just opened now) 280 hits and now it is only open ... so possibly 280 people trying to vote and it is closed. So much for democracy ?

I just voted (you did not ban me completey I see) and as it is now 10 is Professional Afrikaans Aviators and 9 is English ... makes you think doesn't it ?

Danny you banned me because I put a link on your web site re mine ...YOU and ROB said search for another one ... I just made it easy for you to get rid of us and for your failthful PPRUNERS to make an easy exit to another home. That is all.

Last but not least : If memory serves me correct : We only had THREE - yes THREE to a maximum FIVE threads on The CampFire ... 2 of them Afrikaans jokes and the other the Afrikaans kakpraat thread (talking sheit around a fire).

The latter thread was mostly about recipes of barbeques ... mate I am sure you where ill - informed by the " I feel inferior jetdriver" .

4 HP is and was a regular poster their and enjoyed it as he understands our culture and beliefs of sitting around a fire and talking k@k.

I say again : The arrogant post(s) of Rob led to some people feeling like they feel and therefore the responses you got on African Aviation after the Campfire was closed.

You will also find a thread with 55 posts of people regular readers that gave a thumbs up for Afrikaans.

Have a look at my PM's and you will find 4 from your own moderators giving us a salute ... makes you think hey Danny ?

We are not here to fight - we are peaceloving beerdrinkers. What we do not like is the absolute arrogance of people like Jetdriver and PPRUNE TOWERS for degrading our language and our people. We do not like that.

Go well and enjoy PPRUNE without my 8-9 years of contributions and cut's and pastes. For those that remain - please give them a little pleasure on PPRUNE - they are after all by far the most that grace the skies over Africa ! And a lot of them know what they talk about !

Cheers,

Gunsss