PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air India -- completely unionized/Indian Pilot's Unions. (Merged).
Old 5th Feb 2006, 02:03
rsoman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
but i am sorry i have to burst your bubble, its just not true that Pilots being unionised is the sole reasons for bankruptcy of Airlines.

I never said they are the SOLE reason for bankruptcy, but if you study the airline bankruptcy (or near bankruptcies) of many US majors , you will see that the unresaonable wage settlements (ofcourse for the pilots anything and everything will be reasonable) wrested by the pilots, in many cases threatening or going into strike action and holding the airline to ransom, have in the long run have contributed handsomely to the hastening of bankruptcy. And once the pilots get their way, then every other union will follow suit.

The best thing which happened to Indian aviation in the recent years was the de-recognition of the IPG. And kudos to the judges of the Indian Supreme Court who upheld the de recognition. Atleast we will have no more crazy strikes for even more unreasonable pay hikes in the guise of health concerns!!!