PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - WHO IS TO BLAME !!
View Single Post
Old 13th Sep 2001, 03:47
Kaptin M
Moderate, Modest & Mild.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Who is to blame? Here's MY priority:

(1) MURDOCH, ABELES, HAWK - all share equal pole position.
Reasons: Murdoch....despises unions, enjoys the "power", and playing "The General" during the wars with unions, needed the money gained from Ansett's asset-stripping to enlarge Newscorp;

Abeles....Greed - his physique said everything! Wanted the money from Ansett's asset-stripping to feed his fat belly and support Bob's daughter's coke habit;

Hawk...bum-boy for Rupert (who had cultivated him ie. bought him off, from an early age), allegedly corrupt and apparently willing to prostitute himself and his position for personal material gain.

(2) GRAEME MACMAHON....Abeles so called GM of Ansett, but in reality just a "headkicker" with no finesse. Replaced competent managers with "Yes men".

(3) A corrupt AUSTRALIAN INDUSTRIAL RELATIONS COMMISSION, aided by a self-serving ACTU looking to "teach the pilots a lesson, for not affiliating with us"!

(4) The greedy overseas mercenary pilots that flocked to Australia, FULLY AWARE that there was an industrial dispute.

(5) The selfish/greedy domestic pilots who were sold their promises and code of ethics for a price and promotion. Especially the checkers and trainers, who realised that without them, the airlines would not have been able to process the new recruits, and revalidate the returns!

[b] A complacent Australian public, who really don't care about ANYTHING, unless it affects them directly - by which time it's probably too late!

Ansett's demise is not something that has happened suddenly - it is deep-rooted, and Ansett has been "teetering" for close on 8 years now. The shadow minister for aviation told me some time in 1994 that Ansett was THEN, within 2 weeks of going under!

You asked - that's MY opinion!