PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VERY Interesting Article About Ansett Administration.
Old 26th Nov 2001, 12:05
lame

Lightbulb

bulldog69,

Did you read the original post fully?

Yes, normally I do NOT make ANY personal comments with these postings, but this really annoys me........

We had an election recently, I and many other Australians, the majority luckily, decided we did NOT want a Labor Government with all their hangers on like the ACTU.

We are still getting Bob Hawke and Paul Keating telling us why we should have voted Labor, and what is wrong with the Country, even though they not only didn't fix our problems, but in fact caused most of them, particualarly in Aviation.....

The ACTU had the original administrators removed and replaced with the current ones, now the ACTU is calling all the shots. The ACTU appointed administrators will not even consider the alternate bid, and now the Victorian Labor Premier is saying the new bid is not in the national interest......

THANKFULLY Labor and their ACTU mates are NOT the Government, and do NOT speak for the majority of Australians.........

I have ABSOLUTELY NO PERSONAL INTEREST in this matter, as I have pointed out before, EXCEPT as a Global Rewards Frequent Flyer Member. However I do mix with a lot of other business people that fly a lot, and from informal discussions, I am afraid to tell you that it would appear that Ansett in its new form is still doomed, because most of their business customers have deserted them forever.......

IMHO the ex Ansett staff would be better off with the Virgin/Lang proposal long term, but that of course would not suit the ACTU.

BEST OF LUCK TO ALL INVOLVED........

Regards,

"lame"