PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EAST MIDLANDS
Thread: EAST MIDLANDS
View Single Post
Old 3rd Feb 2006, 18:19
bmibaby.com

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't ever remember the EMAIBZ flights being hugely popular with passengers when baby used to do it, although for a quick weekend break or to go out & enjoy the nightlife, the flights in the late evening after flying had been done on the main routes were really well timed (I think for one season they actually left at about 2200 & returned about 0400.) There are bound to be a couple of people doing the DIY thing, but with only one flight a week, the whole flexible-stay thing that the bmibaby service had goes completely out of the window. Time will tell, and I suppose at least easy are launching a new city ...

Wednesday is going to be a really exciting day for the airport with the first 738 of FR being based here, and no doubt there will be some pomp & fanfair to launch the new services, even if it is at some ungodly hour! As I continue to predict, this summer will be one of interest to see how easyJet & bmibaby react to the new Ryanair base, whether they maintain their ground, expand or fold. Whilst bmibaby will stay, their position over expanding (the airline has vowed not to re-transfer any French sun routes to EMA, operating them at a safe distance from BHX!) is still not known.