PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - And you thought ANZ was a bad owner...
View Single Post
Old 24th Nov 2001, 06:14
B'ar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ah the ineviable screams of IT WASN"T MY FAULT. Works if you are a 3 year old but it doesn't jell if you are supposedly rational profit maximising business people. A lot of years of financial neglect and ineffective management put Ansett were it is and Air NZ were there as share holders for 5 years so as always ignorance is no defence. Fascinating that Kaptin Taliban comes in for a fanatic Over inflated salaries tirade. Surprise Surprise. I believe that the QN guys are on the same rates as the AN guys were on so what gives there? Better Management , for sure just look at the share price. I believe even Virgin BLues figures for differences in seat costs were 1 cent per seat due to staff costs, anyway it matters nought. Ansett was too bloated and ineffectual with a management that was unwilling to do anything about it and shareholders whose only strategy was lets get the government (a left wing one at that!) to change the rules so Singapore can invest in us. HELLO what was plan B ? See plan A of course AMAZING and they got a bonus for that ! As for allowing AIr NZ to fly domestically and QN to fly in NZ and the whole history of things. Well someone was getting the good end of the deal and it wasn't the Australian airlines. Typical bull**** economics which sound good but don't actually work.

As for TJ I don't think Mr Fox will cop his crap for too long as he has been doing some research on TJ and the Nazi defence of "I was only following orders" won't save him.