PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Recruitment
Thread: BA Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 3rd Feb 2006, 10:43
FlyingTom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Bubair

I think the crunch will come at the end of this October when the Actuary's recommendations are put forward. Coincedently the same time the effect of the new pension legislation will be known. Likely strikes about then. The 2500 number is the number of pilots on NAPs, the pension in question. The 400 on BARP and about 300 on APS are not directly affected. At least 20% of the 2500 have stated they will leave if there is a cut in their pensions.

I am considering the idea of leaving and the two issues together will make the difference in my decision too!

In order for a satisfactory outcome BA will have to pay more money into the fund which they are very opposed too even though most employees at BA are working very hard and producing excellent profits.

If the pilots on all three pension schemes don't stick together the downward spiral already started by the introduction of BARP will continue and become un-stoppable.

If you are under 30 BA is probably still a good move unless you are with Virgin, Cathay or Britannia.