PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Message from Emirates Crew Control
View Single Post
Old 3rd Feb 2006, 10:09
MR8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Violate..

Completely agree with you.
Roster Change, you should ask yourself the question: ''Why do I get stressed if a flight does not get crewed? Why do I have to work harder in order to fix management f*ck ups which have been there for at least a year without any effort from management to improve the situation? Why would I go that extra mile for a management that tries to scr*w me as much as they can for their personal gain?''

For myself, I do pick up the phone when you guys call me, but I friendly tell you that I do not fly on my days off. I would love to be back in a situation where I would do everything for my company, where I would like to help out, but I can't see the point at this time.

The only thing that can get us out of this mess is a rough time for the company (read management). As long as everyone will go that extra mile and work on their days off, or goes into discretion as a normal operation, things will hardly change.

I would call for a 'work-to-rule'. Go exactly according to the book, for everything. Never work on days off, never go into discretion,.. Nothing bad, nothing management can punish you for, just throw all your FLEXIBILITY away. The company might suffer for a few weeks, but at least the message will reach the higher echelons. It's the only hope we have to get improvements.

MR8

Tone down the language please MR8 - we can't allow the use of obvious bad langauge as there are women, children and the faint-of-heart on these forums as well. It also loses you credibility to be blasting from the hip rather than orating from the orifice. Thanks. 4HP

Last edited by 4HolerPoler; 3rd Feb 2006 at 11:02.