PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar A330 deal
View Single Post
Old 3rd Feb 2006, 08:39
Keg

Nunc est bibendum

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts
Angry

I've got to say that the tired old mantra of 'you haven't done selection' or 'you got knocked back' or whatever is getting very old. I don't care how the J* crew came to be J* crew. The point is they are passing a CASA approved training program. The quicker we move beyond that point the better. They are QF group pilots and that is that. However, I'd hope that as pilots of the 'group' that they would act with the 'group' in mind- I know that I try to when it comes to industrial issues and the feedback I pass on to members of the COM.

What I AM irritated about is the constant theme that the J* crews are somehow 'sticking it' to the QF mainline crew for being able to fly aircraft at a much lower rate. It's a particularly Aussie thing to do in terms of trying to bring the perceived 'tall poppy' down to size (similar to the 'if I can't have it I'll make damned sure that you can't either' but it's ultimately pretty self defeating.

So, can we cut the historonics about psych tests and so on and ensure that we secure good conditions for all of us for the future. If the J* accept anything less than $185K per annum (plus O/T plus allowances) for the A330 then you are dudding yourselves in a BIG way. You do NOT have to accept less than this. There is NO gun to your head this time around.

As to our other QF group pilots in the regionals, yes you should have access and seniority- and not just via an MOU. A number of QF mainline drivers have been making that point for a number of years now. I don't know why it's never come about....although I suspect that the airline would make any and every effort to make an MOU very difficult to reach agreement on and then enact- similarly to how they are making it difficult for mainline crew to go to J* under the terms of the MOU. It deserves to happen and should be a priority in the medium term (to solve within two- three years!).