PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fed up of Poor FO's
View Single Post
Old 3rd Feb 2006, 08:23
justathought

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No worries Error,
I agree with you that attitude is all important.
I think that it would not be the norm for someone to gain more experience in 150hrs than the next chap gains in 1500hrs though. I think that would be an extreme case of slow learning or someone learning so fast that they really shouldn't be a pilot....what a waste when they could be finding a cure for cancer.
[I]The value of proper basic, type rating and line training? Invaluable.
I agree with this statement too. Thing is, that training is there....should we put pilots with 1500hrs through it? or pilots with 200hrs???
I think if we have the choice then we should put the more experienced pilots through it. There is nothing to say that the 150 pax in the back won't need the crew to use every ounce of the skill and experience to get them safely on the ground due to an emergency .....On your first line training flight.
Think back to your first few sectors.....do you think it was basically single pilot??? Or perhaps the training Cptain had an even higher work load than if he was single pilot as he checked and re checked your duties as well as his own? Do you think that every one of your punters would have chosen to fly on that flight if they knew this?
I know what I think and would be interested to hear your honest opinion.
Cheers.