PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QANTAS crew face wait for hotel ruling
View Single Post
Old 3rd Feb 2006, 04:23
lowerlobe
Registered User **

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Johhny Utah..

“Why not try getting on a bus & going to The Grove (nah, maybe too far - it stops on the corner of the block the hotel is on.) Costco - nope, too far - the bus picks you up about 3 blocks away, and drops you right at the door. Pasadena - I guess not, as the train station is all of 4 blocks away (and then again, for $3 your all day pass will ONLY get you up to Pasadena & back, as well as unlimited bus/train travel...)”

So basically what you are telling biscuit chucker is that you have to leave the area to have fun and feel safe….

This is the whole point of the exercise of going to the AIRC..the hotel is fine ,it is the location that we do not like...

I agree with biscuit chucker safety is and should always be the number one priority and if you have to depart the area by whatever means to achieve that then that is unacceptable..

Ps I’m not a hostie so shopping is not a sport ,I go to Costco once a year and I don’t want to go to Pasadena or the grove either everyday when I am in LA for that matter,I would like to find somewhere safe to walk to ..…not escape from…..

As Bolty has said it would appear that the almighty dollar has reigned supreme in the decision making. Imagine for a moment during this 4 month test an assault occurs and a crew member is seriously injured. Apart from the legal aspects of litigation against the AIRC,the company and perhaps the commissioner , it makes a mockery of the safety first and zero injuries policy that the company bombards us with by posters and other means every time we go to work.

Last edited by lowerlobe; 3rd Feb 2006 at 05:43.