PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Rocky Road to Commercial Aviation - Please help out a wannabe!
Old 2nd Feb 2006, 20:46
BartBandy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by energie

Even if i am able to support myself and obtain my PPL/CPL/frozen ATPL licenses this year, I am guessing I will be a couple hundred hours shy of the minimum qualifications upon completion of my licenses (AirCanada is 1000TT right?)
god, those flight schools can just keep selling the dream. There are many, many experienced pilots with 3000+ hours still waiting for the call. I would expect like dez said, you'd need 2000 hours to be competitive in the future even.

Originally Posted by energie
How did you guys do this? Because it doesn't seem like instructing can gain the proper hours with the proper planes, and it surely won't pay enough I've looked into flying for cargo/local carriers like Sonic Blue Airways etc, but in my opinion that's where accidents and fatalities occur. The recent accident on Jan 22 ( I think ) where a Sonic Blue Airway's cessna caravan crashed supports my concerns
So, you are worried about instructing not paying enough, but you have considered Sonic Blue where you would fly for free, after bying a PPC? Riiiight.

Sorry....but that just sounds fishy to me.