PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bombardier Cancels C Series
View Single Post
Old 2nd Feb 2006, 18:19
Grunf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello all.

Just a note:

C Series IS (or better WAS) BRJ-X. The only thing that is different is that BRJ-X was supposed to be made of a combination of advanced materials (aluminum-lithium; glare; composites) while C Series is all-metal.

IF you want to go cheap there is no way to be cheaper then Brazilians since their labor force will always be cheaper. Plus their currency is cheaper, as well.

That does not mean Northwest will not go with a possible 900 stretch. Which is, at least from my (say engineering) point of view total nonsense. But it is certifiable and if there is interest in it, well, no matter how does it look it will go through. On the other hand 170,175,190 and 195 are not selling the way EMB expected (and forecasted).

They need some time to prove operationally good (which they are) so it is just the question of time and market conditions.

I do not se RRJ as a valid competition at least not in North America. Russians are making it primarily for their own market as do Chinese with ARJ 21.

Speaking about turboprop upgrades or new derivatives of the existing RJ fleet it is time for some people in Bombardier's strategy team to figure out that composites are the only way to go further. I hope they will put their effort in that direction, starting with business jets.

Cheers

Last edited by Grunf; 2nd Feb 2006 at 19:13.