PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar A330 deal
View Single Post
Old 2nd Feb 2006, 07:15
QFinsider

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree with most of the comment from Keg and Johnny Utah. Now is the time for consolidation, threats from management are commonplace nowadays. That is how a bully does it.. Hence lots of comments here and less on Qrewroom.

So AIPA let you fellas down. Many at mainline were not even at QF in those days...The junta never put it to a vote. The pilot group didn't do it to you, the present management of mainline FOps did. Sold out many friends too....It is small minded simple and typical of a group under pressure to think the pilot group sold you out. Your MOU for exchange of opportunities at mainline was accepted. You have got seniority in a company that you didn't necessarily apply to and in some cases were rejected by.

That is history fellas, you are there. You have a number in our system...
Many scheduling quirks will illuminate themselves. Keg is right the company will flog you to within an inch of the regulations..All the time the sword of damocles will swing over your head..."plenty more where you come from"

Maybe there are, maybe there are not..
I for one intend not to live in fear of that rubbish. They may extend the age to 65. An american carrier may fall over...But in the end the baby boomer demographic will create SHORTAGES ACROSS ALL SKILLED INDUSTRIES. Think the Chinese will be able to come and fly for us, they will have their own issues!

By the end of the decade shortages of skilled labour will approach 200,000. ask around. Better still go to a GA airfield and check the aggregate flying hours They are down, applications to mainline are declining..Companies are advertising in the Australian for pilots!

A substandard deal shows no one anything. Justifying it as payback does not enhance any your credibility as a group. There is pressure all around the company. It is comonplace thesedays as a way to extract more from employees...I hope most of the J* pilot group see it for what it is. Poker bluff 101. But mainline aren't exempt from the bluff....My colleagues voted for a long haul EBA that promised to show relevance and flexibility to the company....And whilst I voted no, 58% voted yes...Look where being good little boys got us!

As alluded to above LCC isn't necessarily low pay-look at Europe! Southwest benchmark their pilot remuneration against QF mainline..

Last edited by QFinsider; 2nd Feb 2006 at 07:31.