PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New B737 Procedures and QRH
View Single Post
Old 1st Feb 2006, 19:35
blackmail

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
new b737 procedures

hello cfit,

i wish my company would go to new boeing std b737 procedures to morrow. its a pilots nirvana. much simplier checklists, much less talking, only speak up if something is ABnormal, etc. ... the "kiss" principle: "keep it simple stupid".
it will always remain a mystery to me why all those chief pilots in the world want to reinvent the wheel & write their own procedures. i have flown the same aeroplane in different companies & always had the impression to convert to a new type rating. i have even known a cp, who himself was still in a conversion course, starting to rewrite flight manuals & producing 4(four) jeppsize (5 inch rings)manuals, as where the manufacturer had provided only 2(two).it is interesting to note that, years later, when i was in same conversion course as said cp, i used the original manuals as a study guide & obtained far better exam results than my poor fellow colleagues who used the much more complicated rewritten manuals.
i think the aircraft manufacturer is supposed to know his aircraft best, receiving over the years, inputs from operators worldwide, while at the same time of course, not neglecting inputs from their own testpilots/engineers. but how do you convey this message to your cp, without risking all kind of wrath's come upon you? anyway, the chances that your message is heeded are as great as though the Queen had announced that henceforth she would be known as Gladys(borrowed this last expression from capt. ken beere, bluff your way on the flight deck).

but cfit, in your case, i agree, it would have been more sensible to preannounce the changes by flightcrew notices & brief/sim sessions.

Last edited by blackmail; 2nd Feb 2006 at 05:34.