PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AAIB investigation leads to manslaughter charges. UPDATE: Prosecution Withdrawn
Old 1st Feb 2006, 17:50
Ranger One

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by VP959
Not wishing to spoil the chat, but those of us closely involved are a bit concerned that too much loose talk about the technical details could possibly be prejudicial to the case.
VP959 - I do understand from the other thread that you're not a stranger to some of the people involved in the case, but I don't think the above should be a serious concern - it's not as if there's going to be a lot of wild speculation about the causes, the AAIB report is in the public domain and contains as much of the technical detail as anyone could wish for. Whilst I understand some of the AAIB conclusions have ruffled feathers, the fact-finding is fairly clear-cut.

Flying Lawyer would be able to advise better on the legal aspects of discussing the case here, and in particular of the AAIB report being in the public domain. What's an AAIB report for, if not to inform the aviation community - and inevitably provoke discussion?

R1