PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What should MEN wear to Cabin Crew interviews?
Old 1st Feb 2006, 09:34
milbud

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
what to wear?

Hiya Michael.
Best of luck with your applications matey! As for what to wear, I can only speak for Virgin CC interviews. First is a don't - people assume because Virgin has a slightly young trying to be relaxed and cool image that they can dress down! As in i've even seen people turn up for interview in Jeans... They will remind you in their e-mail to you regarding your interview that it is an "interview" and therefore dress appropriately. So a suit is a defo, and I whole heartedly agree with the comment re the tie makes the impression for men. To this day my recruiter remembers how much she liked the colour and pattern of my tie!
Smiles are the other big big fashion item to wear, from the moment you arrive for interview until you leave. Even if you get the thanks but not this time letter at the group interview, keep smiling and be confident and positive in your interactions. Gives a good impression and could help you the next time around.
The fit of clothes is again a good pointer, don't wear a suit that barely fits or looks like your big brothers, grooming is vital. Clean nails etc... etc.... it all gets noticed, the recruiters at Virgin are incredibly keen eyed all they do year round is recruiting!
And most of all mate, please just be yourself, don't try to be falsely jolly or jovial, it comes through as forced and they will notice it.

Again best of luck! Once you get through you are in for a helluva good time, no matter who you end up working for!

Cheers.