PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Westjet Deicing
Thread: Westjet Deicing
View Single Post
Old 1st Feb 2006, 02:49
royalterrace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[QUOTE=brucelee]What I have witnessed on WJ airplanes was a little more than what you state. But hey, who am I to judge? You guys know your airplanes, I don't.
You should have quit while you were ahead. For you to judge ANY other operator is the height of arrogance. I'm sure you could tell if the snow was (magic word here) ADHERING to the wing from where ever you were "observing". Slapshot tried to educate you. You choose to go off on your own self righteous tangent...I guess it makes you feel better. Good luck with that.
I don't think anyone here is arguing the need for proper deicing when it is required. What I don't understand is the need to go off with a bunch of half baked theories. Why is it that you feel the need to denigrate fellow pilots with this crap? Surely you don't believe that someone that has reached this level of flying is going to purposely takeoff with a contaminated wing? Has anyone here even considered that maybe the crew involved felt the light snow was NOT adhering and possibly made an honest mistake? I have no idea what happened but there seem to be a few out there ready to draw and quarter these guys and all of WestJet just for good measure.There are many possibilities regarding this whole sad posting that may or may not be but the one thing I am sure of is that those that choose to use this as some sort of example to prove they are superior are sad indeed. You know who you are.