PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QANTAS crew face wait for hotel ruling
View Single Post
Old 31st Jan 2006, 23:34
Johhny Utah

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey - don't get me wrong, the hotel is much better than being at Anaheim, or Long Beach for that matter. I don't have a problem with it to any great extent, nor do most of the crew who stay there who can summon up enough initiative to get on the bus/train & get out of there, and go somewhere else outside the immediate environs of downtown LA.

I just wanted to get in before we had a flurry of "boo hoo How hard can staying in a 4 star hotel be?" style responses. Make of it what you will.

The reason outwardly for moving to the hotel was to consolidate transport. Thh financial reasons were a saving per room, per night, of something in the order of USD$22 if the rumours are correct - which equates to $5500 per night, or $38,500 per week, or just over $2m per year. PLUS the saving from 'consolidating transport' (of course)

Then again, perhaps we should all vote to move somewhere else to save the company money. After all, enough people voted to send new hire S/O's to Singapore for a significant cost saving