PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Africa Ride (video) Any opinions?
View Single Post
Old 31st Jan 2006, 21:00
scottishbeefer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
done with all consideration of the risks and ramifications of operating close to terr

SAS - it was hard to tell in the video, but was there a drill on the front of that chopper? That was the only way that boy was going to get out of the engine coughing in front of a cliff.

Although I'm sure you find it hard to accept, some of the rest of us have also dragged our sorry asses out of bed to do some scary flying, generally with a real need. I totally accept your point about utility drivers, firefighting, long-liners et al - however, if you are going to try to tell me that video is a show piece for professional aviation then I refer you to your 2nd place.

I'm all for having a good time when airborne, just not at the expense of the lives of all the other folks on board. You can't really cover up lousy flying just by saying you take "due care etc". Or maybe you can?

Not sure the Grand Mal is inbound just yet old-timer. You and the other pilots that supposedly define the "real" drivers just carry on posting your drivel - hopefully one or two others will start to see through it.

I told you you'd have a tale to tell - keep up the good work!

Looking forward to your next endorsement of crap flying.

SB