PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's New In W. Africa (Nigeria)
View Single Post
Old 31st Jan 2006, 10:29
soggyboxers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nothing to do with the present security situation, but I seem to have been taken in by a new scam in Port Harcourt. I signed up and paid N45,000 for their Sierra wireless card including 3 months internet usage. I was told that it was high speed and would give me 24 hours a day of trouble-free usage - WRONG!!

I got home and despite their inaccurate and useless instructions, managed to install the software. I also followed their inaccurate and useless instructions for setting up the password and logging on. However, when I tried to activate my account I kept getting the message that it was unable to authenticate my account. I went to their offices the next day (Saturday) only to find that they close at 1600 (great opening hours - for them!).

On Monday as I was working I sent a friend with the computer and Sierra card. However, presumably because my friend is not an oyibo, there was a 3 hour wait only to be told that it will take at least another 2 days to activate the account!! What a joke - if not for the fact that I seem to have wasted N45,000 (around $320) on their useless product.

Suggest that if anyone is thinking of taking up this marvellous sic offer, they think again and find someone reliable