PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Training:Which way round Rotor and plank?
Old 31st Jan 2006, 08:13
Copterfan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Muffin,

Thanks again Muffin, I realise it was a spode type question but I really needed clarification. When I was considering learning choppers first I was a bit miffed that there were far more and better training aids available for planes (the Oxford CD range for instance), and wondered why. Now I understand, it's down to where the customers are and how many.

Although there have been days when I have stood on the balcony at Barton and wept silent tears at all the other people up in the air enjoying themselves, I'm glad I have waited, because I now can allocate the blocks of time to do it more quickly and effectively, and of course, the dosh.

Which leads me to one more question (if you don't mind?). Most of the schools I have talked to advocate buying lessons in blocks upfront, they claim that it helps them and there would be a small discount. What if after doing this we don't get on, would they be reluctant to cough up? And if I planned the ppl(A) within a month, would I be able to take everything in?

Lot of questions I know, thanks in advance for your time!