PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Can Ansett pilots work in Australia?
View Single Post
Old 24th Sep 2001, 05:57
ANFO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation

Here we go, accusations now of seeking to re-write history while Tool-Time now says "..We all resigned.." was "bunkum. It is sad that such contributers pour scorn on the postings of others and are at the same time are unable/unwilling to provide a RATIONAL alternate perspective or explanation and instead resort to name-calling and threats of industry blacklisting. My contempories and myself did not scab (I'll leave it to the pre March '90 crowd to stick up for themselves) and it is easy to demonstrate this by deductive reasoning. A 'scab' is someone who takes someone else's job. This implies that this someone else has both moral and/or legal entitlement to that job. By resigning, there was no longer legal entitlement to that job. That leaves moral issues. It is axiomatic that you can only have moral entitlement to one flying position at a time. In fact, it is usually a condition of employment not to engage in commercial flying with another operator. That AFAP encouraged members to seek other flying positions, they were allowing members to have moral entitlement to other jobs. This was the point at which AFAP members surrendered any moral entitlment to their previous positions at AN, TN EW or IPEC. Not only that, when AFAP told its members to re-apply to the companies for their jobs back, they were saying that members were now to compete for airline vacancies on an EQUAL FOOTING WITH OTHER APPLICANTS. In fact, many of these applications were successful. The implication of all this is that AFAP members had surrendered any claim to exlusive rights to these airline jobs. Any claim that I or my contempories are 'scabs' is lacking any legitimate or rational basis. Personnaly, I think it was very sad that such suffering was caused by this tragic industrial misadventure.