PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Can Ansett pilots work in Australia?
View Single Post
Old 23rd Sep 2001, 17:08
Keg

Nunc est bibendum

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs down

I wanted to respond to a couple of posts by Amos and Tool Time on various different threads all over the place.

In '89 when the dispute occurred, I had a Student Pilots license.

I finished high school in 1988. I worked on a loading dock of a large hotel and as a night watchman of a large hotel for 2 1/2 years to pay for my flying. I gained a QF cadetship in Jul 91 and graduated from that in late '92. I started with QF in Jan 95. I now fly a 767. (Boy, any of the QF drives who didn't know who I was before certainly do now. Should I post my senirority number too! )

By Amos and Tool Time's assertions over the various threads on Dunnunda, I now qualify as a scab and 'my time will come'.

By default too, my mates who have taken F/O slots on a 737 in 1999 some ten years after the events of 'the dipute' have 'lain down with dogs and will wake up with fleas'.

I just wanted to make sure that I had it straight that pilots who had only just entered uni or just started to learn to fly when the dispute occured are now classified as scabs by those on this forum who were involved and found employment elsewhere.

How I choose to respond will depend on that clarification if I get it.

Over to you Amos, TT et al. I'd be interested to know if you can actually defend that position. It will be even more interesting to see if you can defend that position when I tell you the age of some of our F/Os at the moment and then you work out that they were about 13 at the time of the dispute!