PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Can Ansett pilots work in Australia?
View Single Post
Old 21st Sep 2001, 08:52
knackered

Thumbs down

ANFO,

Just stop and think for a minute! All these incidents you describe, though unsavoury, are but minor annoyances and would have affected I guess a tiny percentage of your colleagues. Now look at the other side.

My case would be fairly typical. Within 6 months of leaving, I had lost my car, my house (interest rates at the time were running 18%) and had moved to another state away from my two young kids to conserve costs. Not a pleasant experience and not one that was over in a couple of minutes, like the incidents you describe.

The divorce rate amongst those that moved overseas was fairly high as a lot of families found it difficult to adapt to foreign cultures. Understandable.

You have never sat down with any of us I'm sure to see if we're regular guys or to listen to the other side of the story and I would guess from your posts that you probably don't want to. But I would be sure that given the amount of feeling you have toward us without hardly any exposure to us that you would be able to understand our animosity toward our former colleagues, who in may cases were GOOD friends.