PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Can Ansett pilots work in Australia?
View Single Post
Old 18th Sep 2001, 20:35
kurmitola

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb

Hello there fellow aviators ( and some ex...as well, provided you have some sense of humour ). Dont be angry with me cos' like a lot of others whom contributed to this thread, I'm not an Aussie ( what did you say ? #*ss off ?...yeah, I will after I've finished writing this one ). In 1989/90 we use to have 300 odd Aussies who came and work with us, except for a very "odd" few, the rest are a bunch of good people to work with. I flew with a lot of them and in that course, definitely learned a lot as well. Not only about flying but also about how they ended up in my part of the world. Some have to root out the family, leave their gilrfriends, mum, dad, friends to come to this part of the world and start anew. Although we Malaysians are generally hospitable people, I'm very sure its not easy for many of them. They were deployed on various fleet, F27, F50, B737 (-200 to -400),A300,DC-10 and B742/3. Their presence help with MH's expansion. Although most of them have now left for greener pastures all over the world, I dont think any went back and fly for their former company and we all know the reason(s). So, after going thru all that, its very optimistic of you guys to expect them to symphatise with you when AN stopped flying. Like someone wrote earlier in the thread, " what goes around comes around ". Its a new whole world out there, are you up to it ? Although we are not taking any more expats now, even if we do, I'll think twice before deciding on people who betrayed their fellow mates as a matter of principle.Wait a minute, I havent finished yet, I know some people will ask, " what make you think we are interested in applying to MH ? " Regardless guys, I will still make my two cents input to the ( our) management, " I will not fly with people without principles, betrayed their friends just to get ahead, and caused so much hardship ( only for a short while....bet you guys are enjoying it now arent you ? ). Come on !, get angry with me now or may be you can try to stop us from departing out of MEL or SYD afterwards.......