PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All Over for Sabena?
View Single Post
Old 24th Oct 2001, 23:55
The Guvnor

Exclamation

Horatio - as I said, they seem to be trying to do a similar deal with DT to that where some of SR's aircraft and routes were reversed into LX. Certainly, DT is the only profitable part of the group - even SBL has been dropped like a hot potato by Preussag/TUI - who had earlier indicated an interest.

VEX are still interested in picking up some of the routes but have said that they are not interested in SN itself. There were rumours that AA were interested, but that doesn't make sense; why would they drop BA in favour of Europe's biggest basket case - especially when as a non-EU company they are limited to 49.9% holding?

I've dealt with both DAT and Sabena over the years and DAT has always impressed me considerably more than SN. However, the fact remains that the only companies that have been identified as being interested in investing in DAT/SN Mk II are curiously Belgian government controlled ones - and the EU has made it very clear that backdoor state subsidies will not be acceptable.

As for the smiley - that's just my normal 'cool' one and is not meant to represent joy or anything else. Note that I'm using a different one on this post!