PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Two biscuits costs Qantas cleaner his job
Old 30th Jan 2006, 10:57
wishtobflying

Not enough $$$ ...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DownDraught, you must have missed this from my first post on this thread, easy to do when there's so much to read:

Where I work there's a line in the Employee Handbook that states: The Organisation's resources may be used for personal purposes as long as the use is not excessive.
Again, thanks for your concern - your views may apply in your workplace, but not mine.

The Rules I stated are what I do my best to apply to myself, I thought I'd share them here on the off chance that someone else might think they were worth using for themselves. I'm not trying to present myself as some paragon of virtue either ... we are all hypocrites in some way, do you think I'd openly talk about using the internet while at work, thus bringing down cries of "hypocrite", if I was trying to falsely make myself out to be some shining light of moral ethics? I brought it up as an example of what some workplaces allow - my workplace allows it, so leave it at that.

Again - the Rules are what I try to apply to my own life - you don't like them, don't use them - easy.

And I wasn't saying that the person should be punished for stealing two biscuits, I simply said that if the person didn't pay for them, then the biscuits didn't belong to them. I also said it's pretty strange to fire someone over such a trivial thing.