PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Can a Company Withold a Reference?
View Single Post
Old 30th Jan 2006, 09:27
The Potter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As far as I know the individual concerned left and refused to pay his bond. Now I know that this £5k bond whilst already type rated when joining seems to be a bit of a sod, he signed it of his own free will. Now if you go about things correctly and maturely, work your notice period and come to some arrangement which is mutually agreeable re any bond that you might have then I can't see a problem.
Hi Johnny, firstly allow me to correct a couple of your observations. It was not just one person who refused to pay back their bond, there were at least three of us. It was not exactly signed of my own free will when, at that time, it was Channex or the dole queue, the phrase short & curlies springs to mind. It's more than a bit of a sod when companies start to bond already rated people, it's down right disgusting & they tend to do it because they know damn well that their pay & conditions are low so they attempt to trap you. I did actually try to go about things in a mature & correct way but unfortunately, as you have to be aware, your aircrew manager is not allowed to be anything more than a mouth piece who cannot be negotiated with: he is not allowed to make any decision for himself. Another thing: Channex's bond does not decrease over a 12 month period so you still owe the full bond even on day 364. Remember I was already 737 type rated.

To not issue a reference is a low as it gets. This is an attempt to ruin someone's career, by using the crazy system for airside pass allocation in the UK, by a man who is already worth millions. He may not rely on a regular income to support his family but most of us do. What other reasons may spring up to make Channex withold a reference? Any kind of disagreement could do it. Good luck, still got his clubs, threads like this help to expose the dirty tactics that Channex employ & the industry is becoming aware of their low down tactics, believe me.