PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Close encounter over London?
View Single Post
Old 30th Jan 2006, 00:17
Jerricho
Ohcirrej

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sunshine40
But what I hate is when my profession gets caned (go on, take a wild guess what that is) every single time a story gets reported.
I think you'll find that my aviation brothers and sisters take exception to jouranlism like this because it simply is not newsworthy. Time and time again I read stories in the media that range from somewhat sensationalist to total bullsh*t. I have read the article linked from the BBC site. Spokesman said nothing out of the ordinary..........why the article then? Why I saw a potential conflict between a train and a truck carrying a highly flamable liquid.........good thing the crossing signals averted the tragedy at the last possible second, causing them to miss by mere metres. I wish I had my camera with me.
I'm sorry you feel the way you describe above when aviation professionals express their "vitriol" etc at these sorts of stories............I'll wager it equates to how pissed off I get when my profession (and I dare say others) receives such unfounded nonsense.