PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Close encounter over London?
View Single Post
Old 29th Jan 2006, 22:08
PPRuNe Radar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sunshine40

What do you expect when we get this kind of tripe ??

DUCK... thousands of football fans held their breath yesterday as*two incredibly-close planes zoomed over their heads.
Wow !!! They could have been as little as 1000' vertically apart (which is a safe standard) ... I mean, that's incredibly close, it's less than 1/5th of a mile

The fans watched as the aircraft looked close to collision
Uh ???

"I saw the aircraft coming together !! they appeared to be on a collision course. I started taking photographs, which speak for themselves. From where I was sitting it looked very close."
Yes, the photographs speak to aviation professionals who say that this is sensationalist claptrap.

But, incredibly, this was not officially classified a near miss.
Incredible isn't it ?? That standard separation is not classified as a near miss. Give me strength. (PS if it was a near miss .. then by understanding English language properly .. it would actually be a hit )

Sorry, but as long as the press continue to try selling newspapers by latching on to the hysterics of non aviation professionals and try to make stories up when the authorities and everyone else involved has told them there was a safe non event, then you will continue to see journos ridiculed generically by members of the aviation profession.