PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Close encounter over London?
View Single Post
Old 29th Jan 2006, 21:55
sunshine40

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't tell you how to fly

Do y'know what? I really enjoy reading these forums. I love flying as a passenger, aviation fascinates me and I have respect for the crews who fly us all over the world.
But what I hate is when my profession gets caned (go on, take a wild guess what that is) every single time a story gets reported. Read that story again. It says:
''But a spokesman for DHL said photographs could be "incredibly deceptive".
"In the picture, they look like they are close together but it doesn't mean they are. And in fact they were not," he said.
"If there had been any incident of them being close together, there are all sorts of systems which would have gone off, both in the plane itself and at air traffic control - but there wasn't any report of an incident."
The spokesman said there was no question that either aircraft had strayed from its proper path, which should mean there was a distance of some two and a half miles between them.
Does that sound like the BBC overreacted to you? Sounds like it says ''never happened'' to me. I don't slag off your profession, so please stop slagging off mine. I work within regulations set down for me, as do you, and I can honestly say I have never put out anything I hadn't first stood up with the appropriate experts from their field, including pilots. You might not like what we say sometimes but that doesn't make us liars and bamboozlers.
Oh, and calm down, I read this site for enjoyment, not leads.