PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BMI
Thread: BMI
View Single Post
Old 29th Jan 2006, 20:29
bobmij

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question bmi

I've looked in the business press for an unbiased analysis of this company but I can't find anything of interest. I fail to see how they have a sustainable business model for the future. Low cost from LHR is not an option due high cost base. The short haul model of yester year is gone thanks to easy et al. BA are hoovering up the business pax. Long haul to obscure destinations of little interest to the majority of the traveling public seem to be flavour of the month but would seem to offer little long term growth opportunity. As for transatlantic ops, if open skies were to occur, the major US and British carriers that already dominate the routes could extinguish bmi within a couple of months if they so desired with a little price war. Not to mention that their longhaul fleet size is a pitiful 3 330's with no likely prospect of an increase in the short term. Just what does the future hold. I know that moral among the staff is at an all time low as they all wonder whats round the corner. I feel that consolidation with another carrier is the obvious way out (Virgin) but the politics at the top suggest that's unlikey. Anyone care to share their views on this unhappy state of affairs?