PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How much is the Aussie Lifestyle costing you?
Old 9th Jan 2002, 13:06
Capt_Zoolander

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

I suppose that it all depends on your age and what stage of your life you are at. The Airline industry in Australia was once a great industry to work in particularly for Pilot's but unfortunately that has all changed since the brilliant "Copy the Yanks, deregulation". I know we all started off in this industry not for the money but because we all love Flying. As life goes on and retirement nears I think we all ask ourselves the question "Will I have enough Super to retire on?" In Australia Super is only good for the "pollies" who write the rules to give themselves $1.5 Million in the hand after 10 years service. For the rest of us, forget it. Your only option is to go OS.The overzealous taxation department will ensure that you retire with nothing.The offshore industry is starting to pick already, don't tie youself to low pay and conditions, high taxation, and the depreciating Oz Peso, go for it!

p.s The government have already sold off most of the public owned assets, Commonwealth Bank, Telstra, Water and Electricity supply companies etc. Guess who they will come after for revenue
after they have sold everything off? (it will not be the dole bludgers!)