PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA pilots 'prepared to strike'?
View Single Post
Old 29th Jan 2006, 15:26
Blueprint

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Blueprint

In reply to Norodnik.
I think the reality is just sinking in with BA. Your Q1 gave the answer that is causing BA the problem. They can not get out of that financial hole, whilst trading as BA. I do not think that doomsday situation is at all likely, so what can they do?
They can negotiate future terms but not the past. That is what your reps are elected to do. I have several thoughts on the way ahead but I have no intention of helping W/W on this open forum.
An employer needs the goodwill of its staff, this it will not get unless it acts in a reasonable manner.
My son works for bmi and they have recently changed their pension arrangements, (sucessfully I believe). I do not believe their deficit is so dire as BA's but then a company (BA) which takes a long term pension holiday, plays "ducks & drakes", on setting up NAPS needs to realise where the blame lies. If you failed to pay your mortgage for a number of years, you would soon get into major financial difficulties.
So yes, all have to move forward, but that does not mean that the staff have to be shafted. If they are then the airline will have major long term trouble.