PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lossie/kinloss Making The Headlines
View Single Post
Old 29th Jan 2006, 13:48
SirToppamHat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
USasBriefed

I think only Southside is suggesting it has anything to do with the truckies themselves - he/she/it is a well-known Troll who is past due yet another new Username.

However, IMHO you are also missing the point somewhat. The people who have the ability to influence the routes that the AT takes are not generally those who are affected. This is particularly true when those returning from overseas are not air officers or are travelling in small numbers. Under these circumstances, all they should reasonably expect is to get home as quickly as reasonably practicable.

Unfortunately, dessert_flyer is uncomfortably close to the truth in his/her assessment that cost is the determining factor. If I were their boss, I would do what I could to get them flown home, but, in my experience, the Travel Cell Police are normally a significant obstacle to such attempts. Oh and yes, I have been on the receiving end - several weekend dets from Neatishead to Buchan a few years ago were achieved by putting 26 people on an RAF bus for significantly longer than these guys have endured, albeit not at the end of a trip from the Middle East.

Oh, and one other point - they have at least come home, plenty haven't.

STH