PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Small A/C Threatens Sky Tower
View Single Post
Old 29th Jan 2006, 06:58
whiteknuckleairlines

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Before too many people get upset about the severity of the sentence.....2 yrs 3 mths......Dave will go to a low security prison farm...spend about 3-4 months, apply for Home Detention (2 yrs being the maximum), be granted it, spend 12 months at home (wherever that may be) with an ankle bracelet and then be granted parole. He'll file for bankruptcy and never have to pay a cent towards the cost of the a/c.

I think he is lucky that he didn't get more. The anti-terrorism charge was thrown out on a technicality and there has not been a precedent to dilute the sentence. I for one would like to know who his lawyer was because he did a hell of a job mitigating the sentence. Personally I think it should have been a bit more as this is now the benchmark for this type of behaviour. BUT, then again, I just think people should go to jail for wrongdoings.....call that retribution if you like.

Remember, he will never be able to fly again, his life is ****e, and the only victim at the end of the day is an insurance company.