PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Questions For Current CX Pilots
View Single Post
Old 29th Jan 2006, 03:28
sizematters

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I thought I was "Mr Worldy wise" when I joined CX, been all over, lived in many countries but I have to say it took me a long time to adjust to Asia, fortunately my previous airline had a training/checking regime similar to that at CX so to fit into CX was relatively easy, however to adapt and fit into the asian culture took at a guess about 4 years..............Your American training is so TOTALLY different to the way CX operates that many guys find that difficult, however, I will say I fly with you "septic's" all the time (Septic tank = yank) and the ones at CX are excellent, so I guess the selection process has it's merits................Maybe if you can understand that "Visiting" many asian cities does not really prepare you for the cultural changes you'll experience on joining CX you'll open up to what you need to learn to get through the selection process.
Just like flying, there are those who are open to learning and new experiences who continue to grow and develop and those who close their minds because "they have done it all, have soooo much experience, etc etc"