PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Questions For Current CX Pilots
View Single Post
Old 29th Jan 2006, 01:49
Airbus_Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good info.

I have heard this argument about Americans lack of knowledge of the world outside of their borders and unfortunately, I would agree that most rural Americans fall into this category. Certainly, most have not lived outside the U.S. To some degree I understand why. The U.S. has just gone through nearly 15 years of the greatest economic growth rates in its history, unemployment has been under 5% for as long as I can remember and so the opportunites have been very good up until 9/11. With the emergence of China as an economic superpower, the opportunites are coming to light now with many American pilots out of work. There is definitely a adjustment to be made for us seeking Asian piloting careers. I will grant you that.

My situation is a bit different in that my aviation experience has taken me to many Asian cities. In fact, more than Cathay serves. My MBA has a concentration in International Business and I also speak some Japanese. Some of this information was reflected in my application but apparently had no merit in the interview.

I appreciate the honest comments though. Its helping me understand CX more each post I read.

Truckmasters, I couldn't agree with you more on the CRM comment. I didn't think you were being cynical at all.

Last edited by Airbus_Driver; 29th Jan 2006 at 02:23.