PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Questions For Current CX Pilots
View Single Post
Old 29th Jan 2006, 00:08
sizematters

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't know if this will help or not but I did chat to the lady in charge of recruitment about why they turn down a lot of you US guys, and I also had an interesting converstaion with a US based guy who has now been with CX for about 10 months. HR basically feel that moving to CX is a huge step, and that many US pilots will find it impossible adapting, hence the rejection. I chatted for some time with the guy who had been at CX for 10 months and he explained that he was finding it difficult to adapt, but was "getting there" he also explained that because the US "Culture" (Whatever you want to call it) is very insular (90% of you think the world ceases to exist or have relevance outside your borders) he felt many of his colleagues would never be able to adapt/fit in..............The last thing HR wants is to recruit you, find you become terribly unhappy after training you and have you leave..............AB, of course you've been accepted by every US airline you've applied to, your American, and have been brought up in that society/culture.............(both in life and flying). The step to an Asian carrier is a huge one, no matter what nationality you are and I hear amazing stories from all types of people about how life has changed or changed them by moving to Asia(be it Cathay or any asian carrier)...............the other problem many find is that after a few years in Asia, well, you never want to leave............If you can find a colleague from CX in the US I'm sure they will be able to give you lots of good gen on the whole thing.......................