PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PPL confuser, is it as good as I think it is?
Old 28th Jan 2006, 22:06
Say again s l o w l y

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had a student who passed his air law today and I was very glad when he mentioned that most of the questions he'd never seen before.

The confuser is a good study aid, but that's all it is. There is no subsitute to actually learning the subject properly.

As an aside, I had another student who decided to sit a paper a couple of months ago and I asked him how he'd been studying. "I've been reading the confuser." He thought it would get him through the exam. I told him this might not be such a good idea, but he elected to do it any way. Needless to say, he didn't pass. Especially when I made sure he received one of the updated papers. A bit harsh maybe, but it got the point across!

Moral of the story, use the other books and just check your knowledge with the confuser. As BEagle and FFF have mentioned, the exams have been updated recently seemingly specifically to catch out those relying on the confuser. The people who set the papers do go through the confuser themselves you know!!