PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Entry Clearance Refused
View Single Post
Old 28th Jan 2006, 15:21
hawk37

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Popay, well, maybe I’m misinterpreting what others have said. I’ve little ICAO experience.

777Fly on Jan 20 said a SID “implies activation of the filed flightplan.”, and with your recent post detailing ICAO requirements for “Adherence to flight plan” and “Intended changes. Requests for flight plan changes.” Etc I was under the premise this was a flight clearance approval. I now gather you are NOT cleared to your destination via any route, where an overflight clearance is required.

I’m still somewhat alarmed that there are no agreements between atc units on how to handle these entry refusals, which while rare, never-the-less happen, as indicated by the responses. Leaving it to Capt’s prerogative may be an idea, but with traffic conditions often unknown to the crew, and no clear directives to them on how to handle a clearance refusal, its no wonder that the few who have experienced them have come under such a high stress level.

3. Still, as I said previously, it would be interesting to know if the International Procedures departments of major airlines have put anything in writing to their crews on how to deal with this entry refusal. Or if in fact ICAO provides any contingency procedures.