PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA pilots 'prepared to strike'?
View Single Post
Old 28th Jan 2006, 09:24
whattimedoweland

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bengermen,
Your post sums this thread up and straight from the heart.This is not just about an hourly rate pay increase/cut,working conditions nor any other issue.

This affects not only pilots but all BA staff,all other airline staff and people in other industries.

Gordon Brown has f***** up big time and it has been pointed out WW has taken on this problem.I signed up for final salary pension and that's what I want.Not a penny less or a penny more.

To say the pension issue will not get in the way of new aircraft orders only adds fuel to an already raging fire.I will have done 35 years when I leave and am entitled to go with the pension I signed up for when I'm put out to grass.
When we and others are constantly screwed by our employers in the airline industry we have to take it because of 9/11,oil price etc ,etc and any other excuse they can use.

When it comes to pensions they can **** right off.At the end of the day WW and Co will probably be on some 'super bonus' and share option to drive this pile of c*** through.You and I will be struggling and he'll be sat on his arse in the Caribean!!!.

Not off my pension.Talk is now very strong of one MASS action to send a clear message to WW and the leadership team(what a joke of a name)!!.

BA passengers have put up with a hell of a lot over the last two summers,so I hope if any action is taken maybe we should target elsewhere.I add I sincerely hope no industrial action comes but if that's what it takes then so be it.

I have served BA and it's loyal passengers for 20 years now and enjoy every day I come to work.This is now leaving a bitter taste and it is the first time I can say I support industrial action and feel very sad that I do.

After 35 years I feel I deserve reward for the service I have given to BA and before someone jumps in YES I know they and the passengers pay my wage's.THANK YOU,but you won't be paying my pension.

Downroute and from friends who work on the ground I have never heard so much angry talk about one subject.

Beware WW sit up and listen,do not break this still great company.

WTDWL.