PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Questions For Current CX Pilots
View Single Post
Old 28th Jan 2006, 01:34
Airbus_Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cathay Culture?

Gentleman,

I was curious if someone could describe to me what exactly is the "Cathay Culture" I hear so often described on this forum? My British friend at CX tells me it is someone who is "understated". I consider myself quite affable and I feel this might have been a factor in my unsuccessful interview in YVR in December. Strange as this may sound, I felt there was this huge wall for me to climb being an American in that interview.

I am in a similar position to my 2 NWA colleagues on this post (I am also a junior FO at NWA) and witnessing first hand, the demise of the pilot profession in the United States. I am fortunate, however, to have called on my network of friends to acquire pilot employment at another North American carrier. I would have preferred to work for Cathay but alas it was not to be. I find it strange that I have been offered employment with every American carrier I have ever interviewed with (Northwest, JetBlue, Air Tran, American Trans Air, and Delta) but not Cathay. I am obvious doing something correct but there also must be something I am doing that is not appealing to a foreign carrier.

Any thoughts on this?