PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ANYTHING having to do with Emirates Applications
Old 28th Jan 2006, 01:19
SkySista

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jolly Foreigner, (don't seem so jolly to me; an attempt at irony, perhaps???)

I'm sorry - this is a prime case of what I was talking about re: miscommunication! (Read it and learn, guys!! )

I have obviously ommited 'supposedly' from before 'the Captain said'.... voila, we have misunderstanding and disagreement!!!

and yes, as Cannard says, on thinking about it I do fuzzily recall that piece of info did come from a book... and probably an older one at that... so what.... it was a theory at the time, as they had been trying to figure out why on earth such a thing would be done at that stage in flight...

JF, as for my continuing to try for EK... what business is it of yours whether I keep trying or not? I'm not hurting anyone and I'm not going to let some person on an internet forum tell me I'm not good enough! Until the day a recruiter gives me a printed letter saying I do not meet EK criteria then I will damn well keep trying!!

Imagine if the guy that climbed Everest gave up on the first try... or people going into space... or Robert Ballard trying to find the Titanic.... none of this would have happened. Same goes for people like Craic1510 - she had 5 or more tries and eventually got in. If she had stopped after attempt #3 because someone like you told her to then she would not have got in!!!

I really wish this thread would not be a slanging match, people want to get some advice and help on applying for Emirates - let's keep it on topic and agree to disagree - I've managed to sway the opinion of more than one dissenter when they've taken the time to actually get the real story from me and not go by just what's written here.... they know who they are!!!

Sinala, Luksy, Cannard & WA - thank you for your supprt guys, you're all fab and I love reading here to see how you are all doing.

Cannard, yes the recruiter you are thinking of is the one I mentioned earlier, and I'm pretty sure it was 8 not 7!!! (Even more amazing then!!!) as for meeting chicks at open days.... hahahaha!!!! Only you.... only you....!!! (Just remember it'll only be good as long as other guys don't figure out the secret....lol....)

Welcome Aboard, thanks so much, I'm happy to know I managed to help even in some small way... hope things are going fab for you, and again thanks for all YOUR help!!!

Hope all here have a fab weekend, and as my nephew's favourite fish says: "Just keep swimming!!!"