PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Raf Pension
Thread: Raf Pension
View Single Post
Old 27th Jan 2006, 22:08
Episkopiana

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Raf Pension

Ladies and Gentlemen,
Would anyone have an idea as to the best route to follow to contest a pension calculation. On reaching my 16/38 point, I was offerred a very good posting, and so as to not deny myself this once in a 16 year tour carrot, I signed on until 55, though as an old SPEC Aircrew Flt Lt. The problem is, after one year on I received an excellent Job opportunity and subsequently handed in my PVR.
Now the interesting thing is that although the Gratuity has remained the same, the pension has been reduced by approx. £2000 per year. Now I am not usually one of those vindictive people, but who after serving Queen and country for more than 17 years I cannot understand why I have been given this BIG Thankyou.
I have therefore decided to argue against this decision, and fight for what was mine prior to signing on. I was never offerred the retention bonus, so therefore luckily that will never have to be paid back.
If anyone happens to have any experience to the correct way to take the dear old RAF to the cleaners for my measly £2000, then please let me know as I would be very greatful.
EPI