PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Security checks for crews are getting to the riduculous!
Old 27th Jan 2006, 17:40
Farmer 1

Combine Operations

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I remember reading a story a long time ago; it might have been in Readers' Digest, so it must be true.

Anyway, a chap goes to work in a third world country, and is told that a driving licence is the normal means of official identification. So, he gets the forms, and goes to have his photo taken for the licence. He is told to sit on a chair, and the photographer gets to work.

Problem: the camera doesn't work. After a few minutes trying, the photographer gives up, and says, "Sorry about this, but I can't take your photo today. Leave your name and address, and when I get the camera working again I'll send the photos on to you."

Fair enough, thinks the chap, and off he trots. Half way home, he thinks, hang on a minute, how's he going to take my photo without me there? Anyway he goes on his way, thinking he'll call in again in a few days' time.

A couple of days later, a letter arrives, containing a photo - of the chair on which he sat a couple of days ago. Thinking this is very funny, he thinks he will share the joke with the licensing office. He goes, and hands over the papers, and says, "You're not going to believe this, but - " and explains the story.

The man looks at the photo, then at the chap, takes the paperwork, and issues him his licence. For his entire stay, the picture of the chair was accepted as his ID without problem.